The Department of Home Affairs (DHA) has confirmed that the Skilling Australians Fund Levy (SAF) will come into effect on Monday 12 August 2018.
Nomination applications effected will have been lodged on or after 12th August 2018 in these visa categories:
- Subclass 457 – Temporary Work Skilled visa holder to transfer employment or change occupation (transfer).
- Subclass 482 – Temporary Skill Shortage visa holder or applicant for this visa (new application).
- Subclass 186 – Employer Nomination Scheme visa.
The training contribution charge (TCC) will be determined by the annual business turnover. AUD1200 is charged per visa period/year requested and AUD1800 for businesses with an annual turnover of more than AUD10 million
For example, if a business with an annual turnover of AUD10 million or more requests a two year visa period for a candidate, the TCC will be AUD3600, in addition to any other application lodgement costs
The TCC in relation to 186 applications will be as follows.
- If the annual turnover of the nominating business is less than AUD10 million – AUD3000.
- If the annual turnover of the nominating business is AUD10 million or more – AUD5000.
There are some provisions made for refunds. Requests must be made to the Minister and pro-rata or part years are not considered.